The Venetian Arsenal at Gouvia is a shipyard built by the Venetians during their rule of Corfu on the west side of what used to be called Govino Bay, the current location of the modern village of Gouvia.
The remains of the old arsenal still exist at the Bay of Gouvia, and are located approximately 8 km from Corfu Town.
The ruins are behind the modern marina of the port of Gouvia and are separated from it by an iron fence.
The Venetians used the bay as a port and their arsenal was built near the water.The Venetian shipyard features three arched docks which were used to service their two fleets which were stationed in Corfu. The columns, walls and arches of the arsenal survive almost intact but the roof is missing.
The use of the arsenal was officially discontinued when the Treaty of Campo Formio, which was signed on 18 October 1798, signalled the end of the Venetian Republic.
Admiral Ushakov landed his troops at the site of the arsenal and created a military camp there during the Siege of Corfu in 1798. The arsenal also functioned as a base for the French in 1917–1918.