Museum of Asian Art

The Palace of St. Michael and St. George in Corfu is the impressive edifice which, adorns the northern side of Spianada, the magnificent square of the city.
It was built between 1819 and 1824, during the rule of the English Commissioner Thomas Maitland, by the architect Whitmore.
It was dedicated to the Saints Michael and George, as it was the see of the homonymous religious order, while it also housed the offices and the residence of the English Commissioners.
After the Union of the Ionian Islands with Greece (1864), the royal family used the Palace of St. Michael and St. George as their residence, while, today, the Museum of Asian Art is housed there.

Museum of Asian Art
Corfu Town, 49100, Corfu
Popularity:
Privacy:

Other visitors also viewed: